bURKINA FASO Validation Workshop
Ouagadougou, BURKINA Faso
28-30th April, 2014
Burkina Faso is the first country to complete the study in the 2nd group of countries that also includes Ghana, Malawi and Rwanda. The 3rd group of countries is set to begin in the 2nd semester of 2014.
The main objective of the Regional Team (RT) for the mission was to:
- Finalize data collection of the Cost of Hunger in Burkina Faso.
- Review final results of the study and prepare the validation workshop in close collaboration with the National Implementation team
- Validate the results of the Cost of Hunger in Burkina Faso in a validation workshop
- Participate in Bilateral Meeting with the Regional Coordinator in Burkina Faso
The validation workshop was attended by representatives from the organizations; WFP, FAO, OXFAM, Conseil National des Organisations de la Société Civile (CNOSC), Executive Secretariat of the National Food Security Council (SECNSA), Secrétariat Permanent des ONG (SPONG); Ministries or organizations within the ministries: Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MASA), Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF), Ministry of Education (MENA), Ministry of Health (MS), Ministry of Scientific Research and Innovation (MRSI), Ministry of Social Action and National Solidarity (MASSN) and the National Institute of Statistics of Burkina Faso (INSD).
Objectives of the validation workshop:
- To review with the members of the NIT, health and nutrition experts and other stakeholders the data analysis process and analyse the initial results of the study
- To generate and review recommendations in line with the results of the study